Thursday 4 June 2015

ASK - Spice Quay

I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while, things have been hectic work wise so I haven't had much time to either write or socialize! However, last Wednesday night my two sisters, my aunt and myself took some time to have a relaxing dinner at ASK Italian in Butler's Wharf.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this place I had to share. There is a large outside terrace with large umbrellas and outside heaters so even when it's a little chilly you can still enjoy the Al Fresco experience. The view is also amazing looking out onto Tower Bridge in one direction and Canary Wharf in the other. There is also ample seating available inside with large glass windows so you can still admire much of the view.

We went for a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Grigio and all ordered our mains. I opted for a simple classic Margherita with Bufala Mozzarella, which was served on a board and was massive! It came with it's own pizza cutter for ease and lashings of chili oil. Between the others they chose a gluten free seafood pasta and a lobster and king prawn pasta in a creamy tomato sauce as well as classic Pomodoro. All of the food was really tasty and served quickly.

For dessert we pigged out on gooey chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and an Italian cheesecake. Again, the desserts were good and by this point we were completely stuffed. We had a taste card, which during the week provides 241 on all food so the bill including service was a mere £16 per head, which I thought was incredibly reasonable.

I love this area of London and there is now a great selection of restaurants. For a splurge I can recommend The Butlers Wharf Chop House and for a good quality meal Browns in this area is also great. However, for a very reasonable mid week dinner I cannot fault ASK. The service was attentive and friendly and I would say this place is well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment